We want you to install stair nosing once and only once. We often have to tell builders to remove stair nosing and refit them to comply with code requirements.
Here are the 6 critical issues about stair nosing;
- Must be non-slip
- Must contain a luminance contrast strip not less than 50 mm or more than 75 mm.
- The luminance contrast strip must have a luminance contrast of not less than 30%.
- No part of the stair nosing strip is to project pass the face of the riser.
- The luminance contrast strip cannot project down the riser more than 10 mm.
- The luminance contrast strip cannot be more than 15 mm from the front of the riser.